Ring-necked Pheasant

Thursday afternoon on Lake Brandt Road I had a Ring-necked Pheasant run
across the road in front of my car. I braked very hard to miss this bird.
This was just over the Guilford County line.  My sister lives nearby and has
seen this bird one time previously. My gut feeling is that this bird is an
escaped exotic from a farm or a hunting club.
Does anyone in the Greensboro know anyone in that area that is raising
Pheasants? Hunt club?

Edith Tatum
Durham, NC

ps Thanks to all who made my first time birding sister, Carolyn, feel very
welcome at this weekends CBC meeting.