Yard List

We are busy unpacking in our new home (in north west Durham County, within spitting distance of Orange County) and already have a good yard list going after 3 days of occupancy. We have had a Hermit Thrush, a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers and a pair of Red-bellied Woodpeckers at our suet feeder, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the front yard, three or more White-breasted Nuthatches at the suet feeder and the platform feeder, a pair of Field Sparrows eating the hulled sunflower, as well as many Cardinals, Chickadees, Titmice, a Northern Mockingbird who haunts our front bushes, Goldfinch, Juncos, Robins etc. It has been a great treat to take periodic unpacking breaks and watch the action outside.

Amalie Tuffin
Hillsborough, NC