Why Mattamuskeet when there's Julian?

Bored with the same old crowd, at Lake Mattamuskeet, a family of Tundra
Swans appeared at 12:30 PM for this birder off the eastern side of the
point of land where the children's playground is situated.  I assume its
a family because one of the three looked a bit "dirtier" on the head and
upper neck than the other two.

Apparently WNC mountains hold an attraction for exotic waterfowl with
the sighting yesterday of a  pair of Ross's Geese by Wayne Forsythe, Ron
Selvey, Bob Smith et al. in Henderson County.

I am spending a week at the end of February on the outer banks, have
bought John Fussell's excellent bird finding guide to the area.
Frankly, I am overwhelmed by the extent of that work.  What areas are a
must to cover in late February?  I am guessing that Bodie Island, Pea
Island NWR and the inlets are important.  If you have any suggestions I
would appreciate getting your input.

Regards,
John Lindfors