White-winged Scoter still present at Crabtree

Hi all,

I went out to Lake Crabtree County Park (Wake County, NC) this
AM to look for the WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS reported by Steve
Schultz yesterday.  They were both present and, thankfully, not all
that far out on the lake in the closer of the two good-sized open
patches.  I met up with several other birders there, among them
Ricky Davis, who reported a GOLDENEYE (I forgot to ask
hen/drake) and GREATER SCAUP, among other good finds.  I was
personally unable to relocate either bird (at least anything that I felt
comfortable id'ing with any certainty, but there are lots of better
birders around who will doubtless have better luck), but I did dig up:

WHITE-WINGED SCOTER
REDHEAD
CANVASBACK
AMERICAN BLACK DUCK
MALLARD
GADWALL
RING-NECKED DUCK
BUFFLEHEAD
HOODED MERGANSER
CANADA GOOSE
AMERICAN COOT
GREAT BLUE HERON
PIED-BILLED GREBE
RING-BILLED GULL

As I said, there were probably other birds out there.

-Sandy
--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC