Dovekie on Outer Banks, NC

Hi folks,
Sunday at 12 noon I found a Dovekie on the ocean in
Southern Shores, NC. Joan Kutulas and I observed the
bird for ten minutes or so then lost it completely.
The tide was going out and so perhaps did the bird.
There were also hundreds of Red-throated Loons,
several Common Loons and a handful of Horned Grebes
and Red-breasted Mergansers. The location was at
Hillcrest Rd. which is just north of 9th avenue on
Duck Road.
Jeff Lewis
manteo, NC