Re: Was the Ross' Goose still present on Saturday?

Around 9AM the large flock of Canada Geese, with its one Ross's Goose, was foraging far back in the stubble fields south of Dairyland Road just west of the end of Rocky Ridge Road. Soon thereafter the entire flock flew across the road to the pond on Green Rise Road, where it remained for the rest of the morning. The lady of the first house on Dairyland Rd stopped while driving by and told us that the flock is regularly in
the fields behind her house (see above) around 5PM.

In the field opposite the store we saw a flock of 32 Eastern Meadowlarks. I'm sure it's no record count, but it's more than I'm used to seeing.

--
Kent Fiala
near Chapel Hill, NC