Another Dovekie on the Outer Banks, NC

Hi folks,
Maybe this is the last Dovekie I'll report. They are
obviously out here in good numbers. Anyone that needs
one for a list should come on out here - it has been
taking only an hour or so to find one, on average.
Saturday I wanted to show my daughter one and we found
one just north of the Nags Head Pier in about 45
minutes. They have been seen from Southern Shores to
Rodanthe on north, east, and west winds, it really is
just a matter of scanning the ocean long enough and
remembering that they are very small.

There have also been several White-winged Scoters in
the surf beside Jennette's Pier in Nags Head and an
injured American Bittern in the ditch in South Nags
Head approx. MP 20 (remember the White-faced Ibis?).

By the way, the Morgans have not seen their feeder-
Dickcissel since the big snow storm. We also lost most
of our hummers here on the northern banks during that
time.

Jeff Lewis
Manteo, NC