NSharp-tail and Turkeys

Stopped by the field to check for the N. Sharp-tailed Sparrow this morning.
Whatever bird Stu saw devoured yesterday wasn't the Sparrow because it was
still there.  Met up with Wayne F. to check for ducks on Julian which was
socked in by fog, so since it was pouring rain we decided to go up into the
Mills River area and count Turkeys who seem to come out in droves when it
rains.  We ended up with about 110.  They were everywhere.
Marilyn

Marilyn Westphal
Environmental Quality Institute
University of North Carolina-Asheville