Bachman's Sparrow at Millis Road Savanna, NC

On Sunday, (a dreadful monring with winds up to around 40mph), the
Carteret Bird Club went to Millis Road Savanna in the south Croatan NF.
Somehow we managed to spot one, probably 2, Bachman's Sparrow.  There
was no singing.  We also had some red-cockaded woodpeckers, which
quickly blew away.

2 Ospreys nearby were almost certainly spring arrivals, and not
overwintering birds.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]