Hilton Pond 02/22/03 (Pine Voles)

Lots of animals other than birds share our backyard feeders at Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History, but there's one species we know is common but that we seldom see. For an up-close and personal look at the secretive Pine Vole, please visit "This Week at Hilton Pond" for the week of 22-28 February 2003 by clicking on http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek030222.html .

Along with the photo essay we also provide a tally of all birds banded during the period--including a very colorful Pine Warbler that we photographed--as well as a list of recaptures.

Happy Nature Watching,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages." Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at http://www.hiltonpond.org and http://www.rubythroat.org ("Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project").

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.