Re: vacation!

A good place (though not a sure thing) for Wilson's
Plover is the very north end of Folly Beach.  Park in
the public lot on the right just before the north end
of E. Ashley Ave.  Walk in past the yellow gate,
following the old road through the old Coast Guard
Station until you get to the shoreline.  Across the
inlet from you will be the old Morris Island
Lighthouse. Turn left and go down the beach.  Look
along the mini-dune area between the marsh on the left
and the beach/shoreline on the right.

I'm not sure if it's a target species, but Folly Beach
is crawling with Eurasian Collared-Doves as well.

Also: the north end of Folly can be good for some of
the Tern species mentioned.

Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC