Eurasian Kestrel & Orlando area birds

Went to see the EURASIAN KESTREL on Friday 3/7.  Bill Sugg from Winston
Salem & another Durham birder were there, I was the only one stupid or crazy
enough to drive.  In case anyone else is considering chasing it, it took me
9.5 hours to drive to the Kestrel spot, overnight with no traffic.  Might
want to check Bikeweek.com to make sure their event is over, some hotels
were booked and traffic at times was awful.

It was seen again on Sat & Sun, the St. Johns Restoratin folks should be
commended, they have relocated the bird for like 11 days straight now.

With some crucial and very last minute tips from area birder John Puschock,
I was able to visit some area sites for some other pesky lifers (I kept
skipping central Florida for some reason, keys & glades were too tempting)
BURROWING OWL, SCRUB JAY AND LIMPKIN.  After visiting Esmeralda Marsh,
Orlando Wetlands Park and Lake Woodruff NWR, I had excellent looks at
everything.  Anyone wanting info, let me know, the Kestrel was a great
excuse for a good birding trip.

I posted some pictures below, I am not as good as digi-scoping as Will, but
I try.  The Kestrel shot is awful, it was just far enough out of range to
get in focus good.  Some of the other pics are more tolerable.  See my
Florida Trip Report at
http://www.geocities.com/travelrangerbb/florida03072003.html?1047230099405.

Brian Bockhahn

Park Ranger