Signs of Spring

Went down to the Jacksonville City Park (Onslow County) for a short time
before heading into work.  There was an Osprey working on its nest, a
Starling clearing out a tree cavity, several Laughing Gulls sporting
black hoods, and the Purple Martins have returned.  In my own back yard
(near the Coastal Carolina Community College) there are a pair of
Red-shouldered Hawks building a nest.  This seems a little unusual to me
as it is a populated area.  There nest is right above my backyard
feeding station, and gives new meaning to feeding station.  Every time
they fly off to pick up new branches for the nest all the little birdies
scatter.  How long should I expect these visitors?

Andy Webb
Jacksonville, NC
jwebb3@ec.rr.com
Life's short. If you don't look around once in a while you might miss
it.