Razorbills at Atlantic Beach, NC

Between 7am and 8am, I saw 7 Razorbills off Triple Ess and Sportsman's
piers at Atlantic Beach.  Most of these birds were distant; however, 1
was only about 100 yards off the end of Sportsman's Pier.

There were very large numbers of Red-throated Loons and Bonaparte's
Gulls, but these were very far offshore, in contrast to yesterday
morning.

Based on Jim Ward's report, and another I got today, Beaufort Inlet
(Fort Macon) may be the best place to get a fairly close look at a
Razorbill.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]