RE: Brown Creeper in Downtown Columbia

The most recent Brown Creeper (and the first in a VERY long time) I observed
a few weeks ago in my neighborhood (Lake Norman, NC).  He was clambering on
the trunks of a pair of Willow Oaks.  I don't know that BRCRs prefer one
tree-type over another, but I suspect that they may eschew those with smooth
bark as not "niche-y" enough to be good foraging grounds - or, perhaps, even
to afford suitable purchase.

Cheers!
Tomm "sings for his succor" Lorenzin
Mooresville (Lake Norman), NC
skytomm(at)1000plus.com

Poetry is the Music     Music is the Poetry
        of the mind            of the heart

visit me @ http://www.1000plus.com/Cataract/