Yellow-crowned Night Herons return to Charlotte

C-birders,

Once again, today on March 16th, the multiple pairs of Yellow-crowned Night
Herons have returned to suburban Charlotte, NC. This is the only known
nesting rookery in Mecklenburg County, and one of the few in the peidmont of
the Carolinas. Last year we found around 7 nests, each nest producing around
3 young, some 5, some just 1. The nests are easily visible, if one is
inclined to come see them, just ask for more detailed directions and I will
be happy to deliver them.

Alan Kneidel
Charlotte, NC