Important gull book not yet available

Folks:
	ABA Sales carries an ad for "Gulls: Of Europe, Asia, and North America"
by Olsen and Larsson, "to be published January 2003". Unfortunately, it
is not listed on amazon.com, so I decided to go to the best source --
Princton University Press. Their website says publication will be in
May. Too bad. "Gull season" for most folks in the US will be over around
the end of March.
	This book is 544 pages, will cover 43 species, and has 93 color plates,
800 color photos, and 43 color maps. This ought to be a definitive work.
I prefer books to videos, websites, etc., if only because I can have a
book of color photos with me in a SUV at Cape Point! I'll definitiely
order the book. Right now, the Grant book (with black-and-white photos)
is the best reference book out there, but the two gull videos by
Peregrine Video Productions (narrated by Jon Dunn) are excellent, and I
have these. I haven't reviewed these videos since seeing the apparent
Yellow-legged Gull, so I'm eager to see what it shows.
--
Harry LeGrand
NC Natural Heritage Program