Spring birds Allendale and River Bridges SP

It truly sounds like spring in southern S. Carolina. Here are recent
sightings annotated with typical dates these same species might be seen in
extreme southeast Minnesota.

Of course, resident N. Cardinals, N. Mockingbirds (I have only 1 county
record), Carolina Wrens (a few county records) and Tufted Titmouse (only a
handful of records at my home and local in SE MN) are delightful to hear.

In Allendale County and roads in River Bridges SP, Bamberg County the last
few days:

Purple Martins N on 301 gourds MN late March, flocks later
Osprey:  MN first few days of April
Northern Parula flock at River Bridges SP, MN: early  May

Red-shouldered Hawks at least 6 calling at River Bridges, one on nest in
Allendale(contact me for the nest record)   MN:  a few over winter near
me, mating behavior late March

Tree Swallow flocks above River Bridges
MN   flocks by late March/early April

Yellow-throated Warblers singing:  USC campus Allendale` River Bridges SP,
MN early May and very local

Yellow-rumped Warblers  #'s evening before last  MN flocks in April and
none too early.

Leaf out is happening fast with daily rains.  When might Swainson's and
Louisiana Waterthrush arrive?

Thanks for the great hospitality.  If a trip to Minnesota is in your
future, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction for birds.
Carol
--
- carol schumacher-carol@linux2.winona.msus.edu-winona,mn
		birdminnesota.com