Kestrels and cliffs --Questions

Yesterday as I was spending the morning at Chimney Rock Park hoping in vain
that the Peregrine Falcons would come back to that site, an American Kestrel
was on the cliff. It flew around the cliff face and entered a crevice. It
stayed a few minutes and appeared to be eating something.
Can someone tell me if Kestrels ever nest in cliffs and also do they cache
food?

Other birds at the park were numerous, but nothing unusual. I did see a
Great Blue Handsa...uh, ..Heron flying up the river.
(Chimney Rock Park is located on Rt. 64 some 20 miles east of
Hendersonville, NC.)

Peregrines are active on at least nine sites in Western NC. Again it looks
like the best place to get a good view of a nesting pair will be at Devil's
Courthouse, located at mile 422 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Watch from the
parking lot. You can see a lot with binoculars, but a 'scope will be better.
                                                   Reece

Reece 'n Judy Mitchell
Flat Rock, NC
rmitche2@tds.net