Joys from nature, Pleasure close to home.

Dear list,

Last night Janet and I were downstairs when we heard a lot of barred owl calling right outside. We stepped outside and there was almost continuous calling right above our deck.

Because our dog was outside on the deck we wanted to be sure she was ok and try to spot the owl.

Our dog, a border collie/husky mix seldom barks, but as others have said, sings opera. We we stepped on the deck the dog and the barred owl were singing a duet. Bird in a tree, dog on the deck.

I don't know if they understood each other, but they were in tune.

Observing nature never gets old.

Tom

Tom Krakauer Bahama, Durham County, NC tkrakauer@mindspring.com