Clark's Grebe--no

I looked for the Clark's Grebe yesterday and today, with no luck.  The
ocean became extremely rough yesterday, with white water out 1/4 mile or
so.  It was even hard to hold binoculars steady (and my scope blew over
5 times).  There was a very strong east to west current.

So, I looked for the grebe by taking the Hatteras Inlet ferry back and
forth several times.  Didn't see it, but this might be a worthwhile
effort for someone who wants to try to see the grebe.  In that the ocean
was extremely rough, it wouldn't surprise me if the grebe moved inside
the inlet (especially since the current was pushing it toward the
inlet).

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]