phoebe nest

Every year a pair of eastern phoebes nests under our eaves, raising two to three broods. This year's nestbuilding is already underway, with about an inch of mud and moss added daily. I'd say the nest is about 1/4 finished.

Anyone heard a phoebe "say" things other than its name and the chip note? I thought I heard it utter something like "twee-dup."

Leah

p.s. Please don't think me a fuss-bug, but could some of you folks not paste entire copies of previous messages with your posts? It really takes up a lot of extra space -- especially on the digest verion.

Leah Campbell Cornwell, SC faeriemaiden@hotmail.com

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become a part of the silence." Robert Lynd