Lazuli Bunting in SC

Hi Folks,

Today was an exciting day in Walterboro -- I've had a Lazuli Bunting at my feeders off and on all day. It's a male, maybe first year? He still has quite a bit of brown on the top of his head and back, and his breast is more pinkish than cinnamon. He seems to be hanging out with the rather large flock of chippies that have been enjoying the millet. I got some pictures with my digital camera which will not win any prizes for artistry, but show his identifying features clearly.

I was really hoping to see my first Indigo Buntings today, so having this guy instead was quite a shock!

Mary G. Douglass
Walterboro, SC