Re: Watch for color marked Painted Buntings

As Gary mentioned, I found a banded female painted bunting on Nov. 4th of last year.  The sighting was a thrill for me.  Even more exciting was the back and forth emailing between Mr. Sykes and myself and finding out all the particulars of just where and when this bird had been banded.  It was wonderful being a part of the whole process.  As if it couldn't get better, yesterday I received a Certificate of Appreciation from the USGS which will be framed and put up on my wall of birds. :)
KC Foggin
Myrtle Beach