Evergreen Nature Preserve 3/30/03

Louise and I birded Evergreen Nature Reserve Sunday afternoon for 2 hours.
We got our second migrant today, a pair of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers that were
very curious about our pishing.  Last Sunday we saw our first migrant, a
Blue-headed Vireo, in the same area.  We also saw a Barred Owl and Killdeer
not too far from the new wetland at Sheffield Park and a Coopers Hawk in the
Evergreen Cemetery, for a total of 35 species.  Not bad for a chilly
afternoon.

Larry Barden, 1501-G Lansdale Dr., Charlotte, NC, 28205, 704-535-6385,
Larry@LBarden.com