New Yard Bird

The ice storm in December took out several of my neighbor's River Birches, so that I now have a view of the southernmost end of Robinwood Lake. Today I could see 3 Blue-winged Teal and one Pied-billed Grebe. The grebe was good for yard bird #135. On Feb. 2nd I had a pair of Ring-necked Ducks in the same general area for yard bird #134. Also saw the first Green Heron of the year flying along the creek in the back, as I was waging war on the Multiflora Rose, Chinese Privet and Japanese Honeysuckle. When I get through, there will be considerable open space to plant native species. Cheers.

Steven Tracy
Gastonia, NC