Table Rock Falcons and Eagle

I had a nice hike up Table Rock (in SC), today. The only new arrivals encountered are
Black and white Warblers and Rough-winged Swallows.
Both the male and female Peregrines made an appearance.
I think we may now have a resident Bald Eagle in the area. Tim Lee at Caesar's Head
reported seeing him around Christmas.
I saw him over the Table Rock reservoir. He was flying towards the area where the
Peregrine's eyrie is located. As expected, this plundering 10 pounder was promptly
escorted away by the 1 pound of flying "Dynamite." What a sight!
It was really too far away, but I believe there was a Common Loon feeding in the
reservoir below.

Jeff Catlin
Marietta, SC
jco@viperlink.net