First RTHU at feeder, Columbia

Hi!

The activity in our yard picked up quite a bit today in the Irmo area
of Columbia, SC (Lexington County).  There was a quick visit to the
nectar feeder by our first Hummingbird of the spring, most likely a
female Ruby-throated.  It was so impatient--perhaps it was just passing
through?

We also saw our first Blue-gray Gnatcatcher of the season foraging
frantically up in the trees.  Many Cedar Waxwings and American Goldfinches
were around, as well as good numbers of shabby-looking Yellow-rumped
(Myrtle) Warblers.

Now the rains have started.
---
Jerry Griggs       j@sc.edu