Habitat Conservation Funds Available

One of my colleagues on campus forwarded this to me. There may be some folks
on Carolinabirds who represent organizations that would want to consider
applying for the grant. Please do not contact me because all I know about it
is what I read in the bulletin below.

Dennis Burnette
Greensboro, NC
burnetted@aol.com

------

RFP-BULLETIN, a service of the Foundation Center

April 11, 2003/Volume 4, Issue 15

 Deadline: June 1, 2003 (Pre-proposals)

 The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation ( http://www.nfwf.org/ ) is
accepting pre-proposals for habitat conservation and management projects to
be funded through the Migratory Bird Conservancy (
http://www.conservebirds.org/ ).

 MBC will fund projects that directly address conservation of priority bird
habitats in the Western hemisphere. Acquisition, restoration, and improved
management of habitats are program priorities. Education, research, and
monitoring will be considered only as components of actual habitat
conservation projects.

 All grantees will be required to match MBC awards on at least a one-to-one
level with cash or tangible in-kind contributions. Pre-proposals and
proposals will be judged by at least the following criteria: importance to
Partners in Flight Watch List species; priority of the proposed conservation
action within regional or state Partners in Flight conservation plans;
benefits of proposed project to other nearby conservation areas, such as
national wildlife refuges; viewing opportunities for birders, and actual or
potential volume of visitation; other partnerships; and matching funds ratio.

 Early submission of pre-proposals is appreciated. Full proposals will be
required by July 15, 2003. See the NFWF Web site for complete program
guidelines.

RFP Link: http://www.nfwf.org/programs/mbc-rfp.htm

For additional RFPs in Environment, visit:
http://www.fdncenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_environment.jhtml

Copyright © 2000-2003, the Foundation Center. All rights reserved. Permission
to use, copy, and/or distribute this document in whole or in part for
non-commercial purposes without fee is hereby granted provided that this
notice and appropriate credit to the Foundation Center is included in all
copies.