femme RTHU, et al

hi ya'll,

first femme Ruby-throated observed at my workplace in Georgetown Cty, SC
this a.m. also first Summer Tanager and American Redstart amid the batallion
of Great Crested Flycatchers that appear to have laid siege to the
surrounding forest. Yellow-throated Vireo unquestionably on territory. very
cool...

walked out the front door this a.m. in Conway to the cheery song of Mr.
Orchard Oriole, wailing away from the top of a traditional sycamore nesting
tree. returned home this p.m. to the same. did he perch there all day? also
the sweet strains of a Wood Thrush and a manic Redstart just before
nightfall. not to be outshined by the new arrivals, a male Ruby-throated
gave spirited chase to a female Cardinal. maybe he's getting a bit antsy
waiting on one of his own species?

there appeared to be a look of bewilderment on Ms. Cardinal's pretty little
face.

;-)

gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J.J. Audubon)