Razorbills still @ Wrightsville

I finally made it to the coast in time to catch the tail end of the alcid
invasion: 3 Razorbills this afternoon at the south end of Wrightsville
Beach. Two were in view most of the time in front of the south jetty, and
around 3:30 while I had both in the scope and accounted for, a third flew
by coming from the sound and headed out to sea. These were by far the
warmest Razorbills I've ever seen.

Also of note was a Piping Plover with a band on each leg. The temptation to
put "double-banded plover" in the subject line was nearly irresistible, but
I knew it could cost me my C'birds privileges. For British birders the bird
could also be described as an uncommon ringed plover.

Dan Kaplan
Durham