Re: portable cd, mp3 player with speakers

Since this seemed to have widespread interest, I have decided to post what I
have learned on this listserve.  Thanks to everyone for their replies.

The short answer is that no one came up with a good, clean technical
solution except for one reply on using a lap top computer with powered
speakers.  This, although certainly satisfactory performance wise, is a
little out of my reach budget wise.  It is a little more cumbersome than I
intended also.  The most common solution proposed is paring one's favorite
CD, MP3 player with powered speaker(s).  Evidently, radio shack has a cheap
one.

Seems to me that there should be a perfect solution out there, and if not,
it would be nice if someone invented and marketed a solution.  Anyone out
there have contact with industry?  This bird club could write the
specifications and they could build it.  Definitely ought to be a market
with all the birders in the world.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Harrol Blevins