Northern Waterthrush, Yardbird #143

This morning Janet and I were looking out our bedroom window towards our small frog pond. We saw a small, dark bird foraging at the edge of the pond.

After a quick examination with our binoculars we rejoiced over sighting a Norther Waterthrush. There was no yellow on the flanks, and the striping covered the throat. The eye strip was not shaped or colored as a Louisana Waterthrush should be.

We were able to look at it for several minutes, National Geo in our hands.

Yard bird number #143. Not many "easy" ones left. I need a couple of swallows.

In the words of Gary, yoopee!

Tom

Tom Krakauer Bahama, Durham County, NC tkrakauer@mindspring.com