Henderson County Update

Folks,
        I birded Jackson Park this AM and overall it was pretty quiet.  The
highlights of my morning was picking up a new Jackson Park bird, a Wild
Turkey.  The Turkey is species number 196 for my park list.  The Turkey then
made a low pass over the parking lot leaving several of us very surprised.
Amazing, never saw a Turkey in the park, I finally see one and then it does
a low level flyover as well.
        The other highlight was stumbling onto a Ruby-throated Hummingbirds
nest.  It is the first I have ever seen in the wild in over 20 years of
birding.  Hopefully I can get some good digi-scoped photos out of it.
Best regards,
Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe
Hendersonville, N. C. 28791