Gray Kingbird Location

Since I've had several direct requests this morning regarding the specific
location of the Gray Kingbird on Pawleys Island in Georgetown County, SC,
I'm posting directions for the benefit of any in the group that may be
interested.  Additionally, I want to repeat that I did not locate this bird
originally.  The bird was seen by visiting birders that later reported it to
Phil & Sharon Turner who mentioned the sighting to me yesterday.

Anyway, there are two roads into the "island" portion of Pawleys Island.
Locally they're referred to as the north and south causeways. If you are
heading south on 17, you will eventually find a Food Lion on your left there
in Pawleys Island.  Turn left at the light immediately beyond that Food
Lion.  This will take you across the south causeway.  When you get to the
east end of that road you will turn right.  Some eighty yards on your left
you will then see a historical marker.  (The numbers at the top of this
marker are 22 & 30.  If I recall correctly, the marker was for the "Allston
House" although I may have the spelling wrong on that one.)  Anyway, I
parked at the end of a gravel driveway that was chained off immediately past
this marker.  The bird was moving from wire to wire but stayed right in that
immediate area until I left some twenty minutes later.  The bird was
completely oblivious to walkers, bikers, joggers, cars, etc.  I understand
the bird was seen in the very same place the day before and again yesterday
morning.

I'm going to try to get back down that way shortly.  I'll check on both the
kingbird and the Fulvous Whistling-Ducks and post my findings soon in case
anyone may be wanting to try to find these birds over the weekend.  Even if
I'm unable to relocate the ducks, I certainly wouldn't assume they've left
the area.  They were very difficult to find yesterday and I understand that
when they were seen later in the day by Gary Phillips they were well hidden
as well.

Good Birding!
Ritch Lilly
Myrtle Beach, SC