Re: inexpensive binoculars

Eagle Optics has a small binoc (8 X 25) which I find to be very good (for
backup pair) but might work for a casual user, unless they need something
stronger.  WBU sells them for ~$60.00.  They fit in a shirt pocket.

Jean Stimmel
6036 Donna Drive
Charlotte, NC 28213
704-596-3013

jws
Duke Energy - Database, Reporting & Messaging (DRM)
(704) 382-5641

                      dfcurtin
                      <dfcurtin@mail.fpg.unc.        To:       carolinabirds <carolinabirds@duke.edu>
                      edu>                           cc:
                      Sent by:                       Subject:  inexpensive binoculars
                      carolinabirds-owner@acp
                      ub.duke.edu

                      05/02/2003 02:20 PM
                      Please respond to
                      david_curtin

I have a daughter on the west coast looking for a pair of binoculars for
occasional bird and whale watching use. I remember someone posted that
the Burgess Binoculars (http://burgessoptical.com/) were a very high
quality for the price. Does anyone else have a recommendation for  good
quality optics for around $100?  I have not had a chance to look at the
Burgess, and a lot of the <$100 binoculars I have looked at were really
not very good.
To add some bird related content, I still haven't seen any Rose-breasted
Grossbeaks in my area (just south of Hillsborough) though we have had
them as yard birds the last few years.

--
David F. Curtin
David_Curtin@unc.edu