RE: Update on bluebird chick interloper

Jenny and Carolinabirds:

Just my two cents worth:
I, too, love Bluebirds.  I am currently involved in monitoring over 80
boxes.  Last year we had over 200 Eastern Bluebird eggs resulting in 187
fledges.  As much as I do not want to see any harm come to my beloved
Bluebirds, the Brown-headed Cowbird also has the right to procreate.  Might
I mention that these native birds (Brown-headed Cowbirds) are PROTECTED.
 What the USFWS does to intervene in Michigan is necessary and done in a
LEGAL manner.  For us to intervene on our own, without permit, is not.

Liz Schmid
 ,,,
>' )     Liz Schmid
( ( \    Kernersville, NC