Ritter Park (Cary) and a Chat spot

Tracy and I birded Ritter Park and adjacent Hemlock Bluffs in Cary, NC this
morning.  Pretty darn slow for the "peak" of migration, but that's pretty
much the same story as rest of the season.  We've been watching the AZ
listserve lately and some folks are reporting low numbers of migrants out
west as well.  Hopefully "our" birds are somewhere else and not "missing".

Anyway, we did squeeze out the following: Magnolia, Chestnut-sided,
Black-throated Blue, N. Parula, A. Redstart, LA Waterthrush, and Black and
White Warblers, Scarlet Tanager, Great Crested Flycatcher, Red-eyed Vireo,
Acadian Flycatcher, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and of course BG Gnatcatcher.

On the way home we stopped near the intersection of Optimist Farm Rd and
Pierce-Olive Rd in southern Wake County.  A several-year-old clearcut held
bunches of Prairie Warblers, and quite a few Yellow-breasted Chats.  Also in
the vicinity, Summer Tanager, Indigo Bunting, Yellow-throated Warbler,
Common Yellowthroat.

Have a great weekend!
Steve Shultz
Apex, NC