Weekend Birding

Spent Saturday canoeing around the Rachel Carson Estuarine Reserve near Beaufort, NC, with my girlfriend (Salinda Daley). We saw some interesting species:

Piping Plovers (3 - 2 adults and 1 immature. How long will they stick around, or do they breed here?)
Semipalmated Plovers
Wilson's Plovers (3)
Black-bellied Plovers
Whimbrels
Short-billed and/or Long-billed Dowitchers
Least Tern copulation, with the male dangling a killifish in its bill over the female

Many other common species, such as Dunlin, Willets, Sanderlings, etc.

Nate Bacheler
Morehead City, NC