Re: B&W Warbler, Waxwings at Mason Farm

> > Any information on BW Warbler breeding in the Triangle?

I think they're rare but regular breeders in the Triangle - rarer than
'Mountain' Solitary Vireos (the local breeding race is not blue-headed), but
more common than Cedar Waxwings.  They've been reported about 6 of the last
25 summers.

Correction to the Chapel Hill spring count -- the total is 125 species, not
126.  One observer reported 3 BWWA, which I looked up
(http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/manual/aspeclst.htm) and put down as Blue-
winged Warblers.  Later, confirming by e-mail, I found out that she meant to
put down 3 Black-and-white Warblers (BAWW).  Another reason not to use
GDBCs* unless absolutely necessary.

*gosh darned banding codes

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu