Wood Stork in Bladen County, NC

Today at about 10 AM, I had a single immature Wood Stork in the edge of flooded woods on highway 41, between Elizabethtown, NC and Lumberton,NC, approximately 2 miles east of the Robeson county line. I have never seen storks in NC, outside of Brunswick county, and they were all near the coast. Thanks to my wife Ann's keen eye who spotted the bird as I was crusing at about 60mph. We turned around and confirmed the sighting with bins.

Buddy Garrett

--
Charles L (Buddy) Garrett, MD
132 Dockside Dr