final comment on Bob Holmes's 400 in NC

Thought I might add just one final footnote to the thread
recently on The ABA list report/ 400 in NC, etc.  Something
that has impressed me about Bob Holmes's making it to
400 birds in NC is that he has almost NO offshore rarities.

His list does NOT include Fea's, Herald or Bermuda Petrel,
White-faced Storm-Petrel, Red-billed Tropicbird or Puffin!!
He would have picked up four new birds if he had been with
Brad Carlson and others over Memorial Day weekend, but
unfortunately he has developed a problem with sea-sickness
in recent years that usually keeps him on shore.

Glad I don't have that problem!!

Good birding-

Wade Fuller
New Bern, NC