Osprey Nest in Catawba Co.

Lori called to inform me of an Osprey nest at Lookout Shoals Lake.  It is on a power tower on the Catawba County side to the right of the dam.  The nest contains two half grown chicks.  I can't believe that I have over looked this nest this long.  If the chicks fledge, this will be one of the first sucsessful Osprey nestings in the county.  There was an attempt at nesting on Lake Norman on the Catawba County side a few years ago, but the nest was abandoned.

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Taylorsville,NC