Bonner Bridge question

The bridge is very near the end of its life span (it was constructed in 1962), and it has had continuing, expensive, problems with maintenance and repairs due to its location over the high energy Oregon Inlet. A 2002 inspection rated the bridge's condition as "poor," and additional rehabilitation is needed to keep it open until the new bridge is built. NCDOT has said the new bridge need to be finished by 2010, and to stay on schedule, the planning and permitting decisions have to be made over the next three years, so construction can begin by 2006.

Sidney Maddock
Buxton, NC