Portsmouth Island question

Hello, birders.

I'd like to visit the North Carolina coast for a few
days in mid or late July, including Portsmouth Island.
 In John Fussell's book, he describes Wilson's Plovers
as being common in mid-summer and I think I remember
reading that a few Long-billed Curlews pass through
during that time.  Has the status of these 2 species
there changed or is this still the case?

Any help with this matter, as well as other "insider"
Portsmouth Island info, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Baron
Fairfax, Va.