White-throated Sparrow observed near Greensboro 6/25

Carolina Birders,

What a surprise to hear and then see a White-throated Sparrow in my yard
just north of Greensboro on Wednesday morning, June 25. This was shortly
after returning from a week's visit to New Mexico (19 lifers!). Before I
left on the trip June 17, I had heard the song a couple of times from inside
the house but was unsuccessful in locating the bird at that time. When seen
in a cedar tree on the 25th, the beautiful male appeared healthy but I did
not force it to fly. I have been keeping watch and listening but have not
seen or heard it since a week ago. How unusual is this late sighting? The
last (or so I thought) White Throats left here the end of April.

Emily Tyler
Browns Summit, NC