Pacific Loons

Jeff Lewis and I observed a single Pacific Loon in the ocean in South
Nags Head, S. Hargrove St. public beach access yesterday.  It had been
observed and reported by several folks.  All observations were between
Jenettes Pier and the Outer Banks Pier (MP 16 to 18.)

Tonight I called Jeff to come over to where I live on the Croatan Sound
because a Pacific Loon (we believe) has taken up residence on the small
beach.  As Jeff says "a bird in the hand" is sometimes tougher,
especially in the dark.  He plans to come back at first light.  To be
continued.

Skip Morgan