Soaring Kites

All of the recent posts about Kites reminds me of a memorable afternoon, June 6, 1992. A number of Carolina Bird Club members were on a field trip led by Merrill Lynch and Derb Carter. In mid afternoon we arrived at Ventosa Plantation near Scotland Neck, where we were treated to 23 soaring Mississippi Kites. These birds were over a small field near a beaver pond feasting on dragonflies. They were close overhead and it was fascinating to watch them catch the dragonflies with their feet and bring them forward to their mouths. My greatest NC kite spectacle to date.

Buddy

--
Charles L (Buddy) Garrett, MD
132 Dockside Dr