Re: Eurasian Collared-Dove in the NC Sandhills

Eurasian Collarded Doves are now common enough in various places in the
Sandhills of NC that I no longer bother to spread the word. The Hoffman birds
(there're have been numerous reports from Hoffman of multiple individuals) and
a considerable number along US 211 near Seven Lakes appear to currently
represent the most individuals. Additionally, Susan Campbell discovered a nest
in Fort Bragg a few years ago. My efforts to photograph the very spooky
fledged young failed. This is the only tangible evidence of breeding of which
I am aware.

As of this writing, the Eurasian Collared Dove in the North Carolina Sandhills
is no longer a species for "bold-facing".

Wayne Irvin
145 Riding Lane
Southern Pines, NC
28387