hummers galore and other wonders

I just read Gary Phillips weekly report in the local newspaper stating that
there is a lot of hummingbird activity in the area. I can verify that my
feeders have been very busy in the past few weeks.  The ruby throated male
and females alternate through out the day and are emptying it in a short
time. Great show!
Monday I had my first red-headed woodpecker ever on my feeders. The brown
head and white feathers caught my eye and I learned it was an immature
youngster.
My daughter has caught the birdwatching fever in her new home in the
Forestbrook Steeplechase area of Myrtle Beach and reports a family of
red-headed peckers. Birdfeeders and birdhouses were a good idea for wedding
presents, after all.